Emily Ellyn is a well known Orlando Food Network Star and was recently a contestant on the Food Network’s show Food Network Star.
Not only is Emily a trained chef who studied at the Culinary Institute of America and Academie Internationale de Management in Paris, she has two master’s degrees in Hospitality Management and is currently pursuing her Ph.D. in Food Service Education. Emily also contributes to her community by being an imaginative, rad and much loved Food Service instructor at the University of Central Florida’s Rosen College of Hospitality Management.
ICI Homes reached out to Emily for one of her famous recipes for the Fall. We hope you enjoy this easy and delightful recipe for Pumpkin Spiced Hot Chocolate!
Pumpkin Spiced Hot Chocolate:
Recipe courtesy of Emily Ellyn
Retro Rad Culinary Personality
Hot Chocolate Ingredients:
2 cups of whipping cream
6 cups of milk
½ cup canned pumpkin
1 ½ teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
1 teaspoon of vanilla
1 (12 ounce) package of white chocolate chips
¼ (3 ounce) package butterscotch morsels
Holiday Cheer Ingredients:
4 ounces Butterscotch Schnapps
1 – 2 ounces Amaretto
1. Prepare in your crock pot (you can keep the mixture warm and melted and do not have to worry about stepping out of the party to make hot chocolate!) This recipe serves about 10.
2. Start this recipe right before everyone arrives so that you will have some time to cook it while everyone is up and mingling. It will simmer on low for 2 hours and be ready for dessert!
3. Add all of the hot chocolate ingredients into your slow cooker — whipping cream, milk, pumpkin, pumpkin pie spice, vanilla and white chocolate chips and butterscotch morsels.
4. Stir occasionally until mixture is melted together.
5. Right before you serve (if you want to add the holiday cheer) add the Butterscotch Schnapps and Amaretto to make it a creamy nutty drink!
6. Serve with whipped cream and your favorite cookies!
For more fantastic recipes visit www.emilyellyn.com