If you want to get a “country” feel to your yard, building a stone walkway is a perfect addition to get that look. According to an article by the DIY Network, building a stone walkway is an easy to moderate task well-suited for the do-it-yourselfers.
In this project you will:
- opens in a new windowPlan the Walkway Design
- opens in a new windowTake Measurements and Order Materials
- opens in a new window‘Dry Lay’ the Walkway
- opens in a new windowPrep the Walkway Base
- opens in a new windowSet and Shape the Stones
- opens in a new windowAdd a Cobblestone Border
- opens in a new windowClean Up and Replant Grass
The ideal material for stone walkways will consist of the largest and flattest rocks you can find. Greater mass equals greater stability. Choose the path that your stone walkway will take. Avoid having your stone walkway under trees because the tree roots may eventually damage your path. Allow yourself a weekend and price range $500-$1,000 to complete this task. This maybe a process but at least you can call this stone walkway your own!
Follow this opens in a new windowstep by step guide into building the perfect stone walkway.