There is always the neighbor that has the perfect lawn. Everything is fresh and the grass is always green. Well, you can be that neighbor. Maintaining your lawn is the key to a successful beautiful green lawn.
Follow these tips to maintain your lawn throughout the seasons:
- Like everything on earth, grass needs water. Make sure that the grass is getting water regularly. It could come from the rain, garden hose or the sprinkler system. Make sure that the water goes deep into the grass, it is better to water the grass in the early morning or late at night.
- Do not fertilize your lawn repeatedly. Once in the fall is enough. Lots of fertilizer increases rapid grass growth, which makes it more vulnerable to insects and diseases.
- Mow you lawn at least once a week. Depending on your budget, you can do it yourself or leave it to the professionals. If you are taking this task on, make sure you do not mow to close to the ground. Adjust the blade height so that you are not cutting more than a third of the grass length. If you mow to close down, there is more of chance for unwanted weeds and slow growing grass.
- Aerate your lawn periodically. Using a piece of spiked equipment, large plugs of soil are being pulled from the grass, where it allows oxygen to get to the root helping it to breathe. Again, you can do this yourself, but many lawn service companies will do this tough task for a small fee.
- Plants can naturally remain healthy by water, sun and air. Make sure that you trim your trees and bushes so it does not hinder the grass from getting the full effect from these natural resources.
Whether you hire a professional or do it yourself, maintenance is essential for a good looking lawn.