The New Year is approaching and the most common thing that comes to mind is your New Year’s resolution. Every year we tell ourselves that we are committed to a project or a lifestyle change, but do we actually stick to the New Year’s resolution? Studies have shown that only 12% who have made their resolution have actually achieved their goals. Dumb Little Man: Tips for Life gives a great article on 7 Common Reasons People Fail to Achieve New Year’s Resolutions and how to accomplish your goal. Take a look and see if this relates to you!
1. Too Many Big Resolutions– Make sure to have only 2 to 3 big resolutions spread out throughout the year. If you do everything at the same time it may take up to much energy and time that you do not have.
2. Not Personalizing Your Resolution– Try to be crystal clear about your resolution and choose a resolution that you want badly enough to achieve. If you just randomly pick something, than it is easy enough to forget about it.
3. Not Writing Them Down– Write down your resolution, describe it in detail and state why you want it. If you don’t write it down than your resolution might become vague and eventually disappear.
4. You Can’t See Your Resolution Everyday-Make sure you are reminded of your resolution. Review your goals every morning, put it in a place that you check every morning like on your computer or refrigerator to be reminded of what you want to achieve.
5. Not Reviewing Your Resolutions Periodically– Review your goals periodically to check your progress. Check it monthly to make sure you are staying on course.
6. Keeping Your Resolutions to Yourself– Don’t be afraid to let others know how you want to better yourself for the year. Friends and family are always there to help and being publicly accountable makes it easier to accomplish your goal.
7. Not Having A Support Group– Have family and friends support your cause. Make sure that they do things with you that will help you and not derail you from accomplishing your resolution.
It is a New Year in 2011, everyone deserves a fresh start! Click here to read full article.