Black Friday is the day after Thanksgiving and is considered one of the busiest shopping days of the year. This day is the start of the Christmas season. Crowds of people rush to various malls and department stores to get the great deals. So if you are one of those eager shoppers that literally will shop to you drop, please make sure that you have enough energy throughout the day. Save your money on food and spend it toward your holiday shopping. Leftover Thanksgiving Day meals are yummy, quick and easy. Here are two recipes that are quick and easy for the shopper on the go!
Turkey Hash –Breakfast to Kick Start the Shopping Day!
- 2 tablespoon(s) margarine or butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 2 cup(s) leftover mashed potatoes
- 2 cup(s) leftover stuffing
- 2 cup(s) leftover cooked turkey, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 cup(s) leftover cooked vegetables, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup(s) (loosely packed) fresh parsley leaves, chopped
- 1/2 cup(s) leftover cranberry sauce
In 12-inch nonstick skillet, melt margarine on medium. Add onion and cook 8 to 10 minutes or until browned, stirring frequently. Stir in mashed potatoes, stuffing, turkey, and vegetables. Cook 20 minutes, turning occasionally and pressing with spatula, until browned. Sprinkle with parsley. Serve with cranberry sauce.
The Pilgrim- Lunch Sandwich To go!
- 4 ounce(s) cream cheese, softened
- 1 teaspoon(s) dried sage
- 8 slice(s) pumpernickel bread toasted
- 1 pound(s) smoked or roast turkey breast, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup(s) Fresh Cranberry
- 8 lettuce leaves
Assemble the sandwiches in a small bowl, combine cream cheese and sage until well blended. On a work surface, spread each slice of bread with 1 tablespoon cream-cheese mixture. On 4 of the slices, place 1/4 pound turkey, 2 tablespoons Fresh Cranberry, and 2 lettuce leaves. Top each sandwich with one of the remaining slices of bread.